UGI Utilities, Inc. will begin a natural gas main replacement project in the borough of Danville in Montour County starting the week of March 20.
The natural gas main replacement project will encompass a section of the southern part of town and include the following streets:
· Vine Street between Little Ash Street and Bloom Street;
· Ash Street between Spruce Street and Bloom Street;
· Upper Mulberry Street between Little Ash Street and Bloom Street;
· Spruce Street between Pine Street and Vine Street;
· Center Street between Pine Street and Upper Mulberry Street;
· Kline Street between Center Street and Bloom Street;
· Steeb Street between Bloom Street and Spring Street.
More than 6,000 feet of non-contemporary main will be replaced. This project will also renew gas service lines to approximately 150 customers.
Construction hours will take place from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. During construction hours, residents will experience road closures, detours, and traffic delays. Parking also will be restricted on those blocks during construction hours. Accommodations will be made for school buses and emergency vehicles.
The project is expected to be completed by early September.
“UGI recognizes area residents will be inconvenienced during this project. We will work to complete construction in a timely manner,” Tim Angstadt, Vice President of Operations, said. “This project is part of UGI’s continuing commitment to provide safe and reliable natural gas service to our customers and our communities. We appreciate the community’s patience and understanding as we make this long-term system improvement.”
UGI Utilities, Inc. is a natural gas and electric utility company that serves more than 740,000 customers. Additional information about UGI Utilities, Inc. is available at www.ugi.com. Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ugiutilities or Twitter: www.twitter.com/ugi_utilities.